For all projects we require agreement of our Terms of Service.
Each new project or item of work will be outlined in a brief produced by Multiple States. Each brief will contain an overview of the work including a cost and schedule.
What do both parties agree to do?
- As our customer, you have the authority and ability to enter into this project outlined in the brief on behalf of your company or organisation.
- You are responsible for contracting payment with any third party provider such as webfont, hosting and domain providers.
- You agree to adhere to the Payment Schedule set out within the brief.
- If you are unhappy with the direction our work is taking, you’ll pay us in full for everything we’ve produced until that point and cancel the contract.
- The price within the brief is based on the number of hours that we estimate we’ll need to accomplish everything you’ve told us you want to achieve, but we’re happy to be flexible. If you want to change your mind or add anything new, that won’t be a problem as we’ll provide a separate estimate for those additional hours.
- You are responsible for ensuring your content and site comply with any legislation such as GDPR.
- We agree to produce the deliverables described in the brief.
- We agree to maintain the confidentiality of any confidential information that you give us.
- We agree to meet all the deadlines set, however, are not liable for damages due to a missed launch date or deadline due to delays in feedback or provision of content.
- We can help discuss any legislation including GDPR but you will need to seek legal advice to ensure compliancy.
- We test our work on the 2 latest versions of major desktop and mobile browsers, if you require us to target specific older browsers and operating systems we can provide a separate estimate.
- We don’t guarantee improvements to your website’s search engine ranking, but the web pages that we do develop are accessible to search engines. We can recommend an SEO expert.
- We will take all reasonable steps within our power to guard against spamming, phishing, spoofing, pharming or hacking. However, we are not liable for damages if this does occur.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any alterations made by you or any third parties to your website before or after launch.
- If you are not on either a regular contract for development work or our Monitoring & Maintenance plan then we will not monitor your site for server downtime or spamming, phishing, spoofing, pharming or hacking.
- If you are not on either a regular contract for development work or our Monitoring & Maintenance plan then we can not take any action if your site has been spammed, phished, spoofed, pharmed or hacked until we have contacted you and you have accepted a quote for the work.
- You guarantee that all elements of text, fonts, images or other art work you provide are either owned by you, or that you’ve permission to use them.
- We’ll own the unique combination of these elements and code that constitutes a complete design and build and we’ll license its use to you, exclusively and in perpetuity for this project only, unless we agree otherwise.
- We love to show off our work, so we reserve the right to display all aspects of our creative work, including sketches, work-in-progress designs and the completed project on our portfolio and in articles on websites, in magazine articles and in books.